Face Detection is about finding faces in arbitrary scenes in images and videos. Very much research is going on in this area, and the number of applications (facial recognition, marketing, photography, social networks, public security) has rapidly expanded. Almost every week we get a message from people all over the world, asking us more or less the same question: I’ve got a photo of a person, can you help me find him/her on the Internet? The first step in automatic facial recognition is the accurate detection of human faces.
Face Kuznech’s Face Detection Engine determines the locations and sizes of faces on your digital images and videos. Working off of previous face detection approaches in addition to the company’s own comprehensive research, Kuznech produced one of the most effective and accurate face detection algorithms ever seen: the technology is smart enough to detect faces even at different orientations.
Benefits of Kuznech Face Detection for you:
- Enjoys the highest precision* and lowest false alarm rates (percentage of detected faces that are non-face)
- Supports multiview face detection (when faces are rotated or captured under challenging conditions)
- Is effective in poorly lit conditions
- Works with cluttered backgrounds
- Localizes and detects faces even through glasses, facial hair, different hair styles, and heavy makeup
* As compared to solutions currently on the market.
Face detection is a special computer technology, that is used to determine the existence, location and size of human faces in digital images and videos. For still images, it detects the facial features and “isolates” the face from the rest of the picture, and – for videos – tracks a given face (person) in the flow of video frames.
We, humans, can process faces very quickly, usually within a split of a second. For computers it is a somewhat more complex and challenging process, because human faces are non-rigid objects with a high degree of variability in size, shape, color and texture. Attempting to detect a face, a computer will start by checking whether it is a still photo or a video image. Then, it determines if there are any faces present in that picture and distinguishes these faces from any other objects (patterns) in the background: bodies, trees, animals, furniture etc. This task has to be completed regardless of positions, scales, orientation, lighting conditions or camera distance.
A computer can detect faces task with the help of following methods:
A person’s face is a rich source of information. Simply by looking on a human face it is possible to tell, whether a person is male or female, approximately how old they are. Not anymore such analysis is a uniquely human capability: computer vision can do this, too. Kuznech’s Face Recognition Engine is used to automatically identify a person in a digital image or video source and determine the person’s main characteristics, such as age and gender.
Benefits of Kuznech Face Recognition for you:
- Accurately recognizes faces even when they are very small or are turned 30 degrees on a plane
- Recognizes such parameters as gender (male/female) and age group
- Not affected by differences in lighting or the facial expressions of the subject
- Allows for the creation of a large gallery of models and identifies people from that list
Face recognition is an important task used in a wide variety of security related systems, such as building access, border controls with biometric passports, in video surveillance, or for authentication to computer systems.
You can recognize faces on your images in Kuznech’s Face Detection and Recognition demo.
How it works
- The engine localizes a face in an image with the help of Face Detection Engine.
- The engine detects facial features (peaks, valleys, and landmarks) and treats them as measurable nodes.
- The system determines the person’s characteristics (like gender & age).
- Facial recognition algorithms suggest who the person in the picture might be.
Face Detection and Face Recognition technologies are licensed by size of image database and intensity of use (number of search queries). Please contact us to learn more about Kuznech Face Detection and Face Recognition pricing conditions.