Inspired by complicated technological task to make visual search a part of our everyday life, we established Kuznech in December 2010. Since then, we won 12 international IT-awards, developed 8 products for video and images including solutions for UGC filtering for social networks and automated merchandising monitoring for offline retailers. The company secured funding from Skolkovo and several successful entrepreneurs and investors.
Kuznech core visual image search technology is protected by 4 patents in US and Russia.
We serve customers from different market segments, including leading online image providers, social networks and e-commerce sites all over the world.
Our offices are located in Boston, MA, and Sunnyvale, CA, and R&D center is located in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
If you are interested in visual search, request our newest White Paper, covering the current state of the visual search market.
Meet the Dream Team
We sincerely believe in the future of visual search and are committed to making it a reality.
Some of our lovely customers
What our customers and partners are saying
Kuznech is one of the leaders in semantic image search. While you are reading this note, the number of images uploaded to world wide web has increased by millions. To understand what’s INSIDE these images is becoming a more and more actual and commercially viable task. Kuznech’s success is expected: customers are interested in solutions that help them differentiate in a constantly changing world of fashion.
Albert Yefimov Chief Robotics Visioner beyond Skolkovo
Kuznech has a high potential to enhance and enrich e-commerce industry. They developed a truly innovative and marketable product.
Chrisitan Graggaber CDO Burda International Russia
Image recognition is being used in fields like national security, social networking, and retail. This feature, developed by Kuznech, reinforces our commitment to drive the industry forward.
Mike O'Shea Parts Town's Director of Ecommerce
We are extremely excited about trying out the Kuznech Visual Search on our websites since it will give our customers an exciting new way of searching for images in addition to the standard methods of keyword and category search.
Alison Hoy president iClipart.com
I like the way the technology works. The products (and images) it finds are really visually similar.
Vassily Geldash CEO 7snoff
We’ve been thinking of using a visual search technology for our project since long time. While other companies offer heavy-implemented solutions, which were too hard for our small development team, the service offered by Kuznech is a real gift for us.
Vladimir Zakurdaev Founder, CEO Vobraze
If you visit any offline shop, there is always a staff member to ask you a few qualifying questions and offer you several options. But there is no such opportunity in online store. We were very excited to notice that up to 50% of purchasing customers used Similar4. At least for our goods (bags and accessories) we find the service very useful. No doubt, recommendations of visually similar product is a really promising e-commerce tool.
Anatoly Polyakov CEO, Bag-Rush
Similar4 is a very good service that really increased out conversion in sales.
Dmitriy Mashoshin CTO, Spaseebo
- GoTech 2016 runner-up (October, 6 2016, Moscow)
- Burda International Startup Competition winner (October, 22 2015, Moscow)
- Business Gazelles 2014 winner, nomination «Start-up», as a high-growth and creative company (June 5, 2014, St.-Petersburg, Russia)
- Listed among 20 most promising Russian startups according to Mashable.com (November 2013)
- Listed among 50 most promising ventures according to Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) 2012
- IDCEE 2012 winner (October, 18-19 2012, Kiev, Ukraine)
- BIT 2012 winner (June, 28 2012, Moscow)
- CloudConf 2012 short-list nominee (May, 15 2012, Moscow)
- MoneyTalks Startup Event winner (May, 14-15 2012, Espoo, Finland)
- YourBusiness — YourFame Startup Competition @ RIF 2012 winner (April, 19 2012, Moscow)
- La Conference Luxe en Digital runner-up (April, 5 2012, Moscow)
- TechCrunch Moscow 2011 winner (December, 5 2011, Moscow)
- SVOD 2011 Startup Competition winner (November, 30 2011 Mountain View, CA, USA)
- Skolkovo Innovation Center participant (in July 2011 Kuznech secured a $0,6 mln Series A funding from Skolkovo and successful entrepreneurs and investors)