General Visual Content Stats
- Researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
- When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
- 34% of marketers selected visual assets as their most important content, behind blogging (45%) and before videos (19%).
- 65% of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
- Only 27% of marketers have a process in place to aggregate, organize, and manage the visual assets being used across their marketing teams.
- 39% of marketers believe that more of their budget should be allocated to the acquisition or creation of compelling visual assets.
- 73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in 2016, and 55% plan to prioritize creating visual content.